Children's Services Plan 2020 to 2023
The Children's Services Plan sets out our vision and commitment to improving the lives of children, young people and their families in Dumfries and Galloway.
Dumfries and Galloway Council and partner agencies are committed to Getting it Right for Every Child. This means that all services that work with children, young people and their families should work together to put children, young people and their families at the centre of everything they do.
Our latest Children's Services Plan was agreed in June 2020.
The Chief Officers of the Council, NHS and Police in Dumfries and Galloway have a vision for children, young people and their families:
All children and young people are safe and achieve their full potential. We will listen to children, young people and their families and work together to make sure they get the right help at the right time.
The Children's Services Plan sets out how this vision will be achieved.
Our priorities are that by working together with our children, young people, their families and communities:
- Children and young people are safe and free from harm
- The life chances and outcomes for care experienced children and young people improve
- The impact of poverty on children and young people is reduced
- The mental health and wellbeing of children and young people improves
- Children and young people with complex needs and disabilities are enabled to reach their potential
- How we support parents and carers to meet the needs of their children and young people improves.
These priorities demonstrate our focus on protecting and supporting our most vulnerable young people.
Reports on our 2017-2020 Children's Services Plan
Every year, the Council and NHS must together produce a Joint Annual Report on the Children's Services Plan. Each report must show how well we are achieving the aims of the Children's Services Plan, and what we need to do to improve. These reports provide information on our previous Children's Services Plan which was in place from 2017 to 2020.