Devolved School Management Scheme
The aims of the Devolved School Management (DSM) Guidelines are to empower Headteachers/Nursery Managers to meet local needs and deliver the best possible outcomes for young learners.
They are intended to ensure that existing best practice in relation to the operation of DSM Schemes becomes standard practice across Dumfries & Galloway, based on the core values of subsidiarity, openness, transparency, and local accountability.
The DSM Guidelines are based on nineteen principles that are grouped under the following four headings:
- Subsidiarity and Empowerment
- Partnership Working
- Accountability and Responsibility
- Local Flexibility
These principles reflect the National Improvement Framework aims of excellence through raising attainment and achieving equity. The principles also fully endorse those proposed in the Fair Funding consultation:
- Support excellence and equity - ensuring every child has the same opportunity to succeed;
- Be fair - placing the needs of all children and young people at the centre;
- Be simple, transparent and predictable - ensuring costs of delivering education can be easily understood and explained and that schools are able to manage and plan ahead with certainty;
- Deliver value for money - ensuring every penny spent is used effectively.
For further information please contact Susan Martin, Strategic Planning and Business Development Manager:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org