Hire school facilities
You can hire school facilities for events and sports activities.
Indoor and Outdoor Lets are currently available to those eligible under the current Scottish Government COVID-19 restrictions - Level 2. Access to all School Lets facilities will remain under constant review.
Hirers should note the following information when submitting an application for a School Lets:
a. Applications must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the first date being requested - this to allow additional administration time to implement/amend cleaning schedules linked to Covid 19.
b. Applications must now provide a specific link to the Scottish Government webpage/Sports Scotland webpage that details the requested activity on the application form is within the current Scottish Government Covid 19 restrictions.
c. School Let charges relating to sports facilities have been updated for the current financial year. However non-sports facilities have not yet been updated and as such may change. All charges listed below under "Costs" are current at this time.
d. Communication regarding confirmed/amended/cancelled bookings will now come from Schoollets@dumgal.gov.uk
The following rules apply when using any school facility via School Lets:
- A member of staff will open and close the facility (where required) but they are not responsible for enforcing these rules or any other Scottish Government, SFA or Sport Scotland regulations/guidance with regard to Covid 19.
- The Hirer is responsible for communicating these rules to all facility users and respective parents/carers.
- Where the Hirer a registered club, the Club is responsible for obtaining and maintaining Track and Trace information relating to Covid 19.
- Where the Hirer is not a registered club, all facility users must complete the Track & Trace information sheet provided immediately prior to the Let taking place. This information must then be given to the member of staff for the school to hold for 21 days after the date of the Let. It will then be destroyed.
- Hirers must inform the Council (School Lets Team) immediately by telephone 01387 271112 and e-mail (email@example.com ) of any positive Covid 19 cases, in order that an assessment can be carried out with regards to additional sanitising/isolation of persons/facilities.
- Parents/cares of facility users are permitted to walk facility users to the facility but they must maintain social distancing at all times. Once the facility user has been recorded by the Hirer at being in attendance, the parent/carer must immediately return to their car or leave school grounds.
- Spectators are not permitted to be inside the facility being used or remain standing in school grounds. The only exception to this - where a facility user is considered by the parent/carer and the Coach to be vulnerable or has additional needs, the parent/carer can spectate whilst on school grounds, but must remain outwith the facility being used and at least 2 meters away from the facility. Where this applies to more than facility user, parent/carers of different facility users must maintain social distancing at all times.
- Parents/carers are welcome to park their cars if they wish to remain on site during the Let but are not permitted to walk around school grounds.
Schools are available for hire outwith the pupil day, Monday to Friday and weekends subject to staff cover. Applications should be made during term time with at least 2 weeks' notice and in advance of holiday periods. However School Lets staff will attempt to accommodate Let applications outwith this notice period.
Once approved, the end date on your application will be the final date for that Let. If you wish the Let to continue beyond the end date, you will need to submit a new application form.
There is an hourly hire rate and there may be extra charges for out of hours cover.
Some clubs and organisations may qualify for VAT exemption. Check the criteria and submit an exemption form along with your application form:
How to apply
There are three types of application:
You'll be asked to accept the terms and conditions of let when you submit your application:
We need more information from you for hydrotherapy pools bookings:
You also need to sign a Child and Vulnerable Group Protection declaration if you're hiring a facility as an individual and not as a member of a club or organisation. This declaration should be submitted with the application:
Kitchen and servery facilities and equipment are also available to hire (prices are available upon request):
All documents can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to School Lets, St Teresa's Education Centre, Lochside Road, Dumfries, DG2 0DY.
Notice of all cancellations must be sent to email@example.com.
At least 7 days' notice is required to qualify for a fee waiver. Cancellations received at short notice will be charged in full unless under exceptional circumstances.
Cancellations due to weather - in relation to weather/ground conditions, Hirers must assess the suitability of any let within the following timescales:
(a) at least 24 hours prior to a weekday Let, OR
(b) by 12 noon on the preceding Friday for a weekend Let.
Where a School let requires to be cancelled the Hirer must inform School lets within the above timescales.
Schools can also be closed in emergency circumstances such as severe weather conditions which may affect your hire.
Schools with sport facilities
Some schools have dual use in partnership with leisure and sport services. These facilities can also be hired and bookings should be made direct to the facility:
- Annan Academy - Annan Swimming Pool and Games Hall
- Douglas Ewart High School - Merrick Lesiure Centre
- Stranraer Academy - Stranraer FC, bookings via the Ryan Centre
- Various schools - Multi Use Games Areas (MUGAs)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 01387 260406
- Write to School Lets, 122-124 Irish Street, Dumfries, DG1 2PB.
You can also complete a short customer survey if you'd like to provide feedback or any comments about this page.