Borrow items from the library
Borrow a wide range of items from our libraries depending on the membership you signed up for.
Library members can borrow books and audiobooks at our local libraries or using their membership card.
You can also download eBooks, eAudiobooks or from our digital library at any time using a variety of devices with internet access.
Full members can borrow:
- up to 12 books and audiobooks for up to 3 weeks
- up to 4 eBooks and eAudiobooks for up to 3 weeks
- as many eMagazines as you want for as long as you like
Instant members can borrow:
- up to 2 books and audiobooks for 3 weeks
Group members can borrow:
- as many books and audiobooks as you want for up to 3 weeks
Fees and charges
You'll have to pay a fine if you lose an item or return it late or damaged:
- Book overdue by up to 10 weeks (adults) - 90p per week
- Book overdue by more than 10 weeks (adults) - £6.60
- Book cover lost or damaged - 80p
- Lost or damaged items - individually assessed