Request help with social care

Support is available from social work if you're an older person, have a disability or are ill and having problems with day-to-day life but want to remain independent.

Sometimes your own strengths and skills or support from family and friends will help with any day to day problems you're facing. You might need more support like:

It's easy to arrange things with information from you. Social work can help you find solutions.

You might also want advice or help from another organisation or agency  to find the best options for you. There are many places to get care support or advice in Dumfries and Galloway.

Apply for help

You'll need to provide:

  • your personal details
  • information about your health and wellbeing
  • contact details for your doctor
  • details of how you manage in different situations
  • contact details for your carer (if you have one)

You can also call 030 33 33 3001 or visit a Social Work office to discuss your situation with social work.

What happens next

Together we'll agree on things that we can support you with. We'll discuss the options with you and explain how your choices can be made personal to you. You can get a family member or friend involved in planning your support if you want.

We'll look at your financial circumstances to see if you need to contribute towards the cost of support . You don't have to pay for any advice or information you receive.

We will continue to work with you to make sure that your support from social services is right for you.

Page last updated: 03/01/2020
email icon print icon