Council tax reductions for tied or job related accommodation
You may get a discount on your council tax if you live in a property that is tied to your job and you have to live there.
You may get a 50% discount if you:
- are required to live in a property as part of your job but your main residence is elsewhere
- have left a property unoccupied because you must live elsewhere as part of your job
The discount may be applied to either property depending on your circumstances.
Apply for a discount
You will need to provide information on:
- your council tax account
- your name and contact details
- the property you live in
- the property you are claiming a reduction for
- any relevant dates of occupation
- evidence to support your claim
You can also call 030 33 33 3005 or visit one of our customer service centres.
What happens next
We aim to deal with applications within 14 days of receiving all of the relevant information. Your account will be updated as soon as a decision is made.
Changes in your circumstances
You should always let us know if your circumstances change for any reason.
Call 030 33 33 3005 or visit one of our customer service centres.