Antisocial behaviour causes alarm and distress. We are committed to tackling antisocial behaviour and our Community Safety Team is dedicated to making it easier for you to seek advice and support.
Antisocial behaviour comes in many forms and may include:
- domestic noise nuisance
- rowdy behaviour
- fly tipping
- Fire setting
- abandoned vehicles
- discarded needles and drug misuse
- animal nuisance and dog fouling
Report antisocial behaviour
We encourage you to report antisocial behaviour to our Community Safety Team even if it isn't happening directly to you:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 030 33 33 3000
- Write to Community Safety Team, Cargen Tower, Garroch Loaning, Dumfries, DG2 8PN
We treat each report confidentially but it helps to provide:
- your name and address
- your contact details
- details of the antisocial behaviour and how it's affecting you.
We aim to contact you within 2 working days but usually will get in touch on the same day if at all possible so that we can start gathering evidence.
What happens next
Each case is considered individually and most are resolved with discussion, mediation and warnings. Enforcement action can be taken and other agencies brought in for specific support.
How we're tackling antisocial behaviour
We've worked with our partners in Dumfries and Galloway to develop a strategy for tackling antisocial behaviour. We also have a dedicated Community Safety Team.
- Download the Antisocial Behaviour Strategy 2015-2018 [325kb]
- Find out more about our Community Safety team
Other agencies that can help are: