Renew loans from the library
You can request to borrow books and audiobooks for an extra three weeks if needed. You'll be able to renew loans twice if no-one else has requested them.
There are a number of ways to extend your loans for free. You can:
- renew your items online
- call 0845 2748080 to use our 24 hour automated renewal service
- visit or phone one of our local libraries
You need your library membership card when renewing. You'll also need your PIN code (usually your date of birth in DDMMYYYY format) to renew items online.
You'll still have to pay charges on overdue items even if you renew them.
Items that can't be renewed
You can't extend DVD loans but you can pay to borrow them again if they aren't reserved.
eBooks, eMagazines and eAudiobooks can't be renewed but can easily be downloaded again when your loan expires.
Having problems renewing items online?
This may be because:
- your membership is coming up for renewal
- you've reached the renewal limit on items
- another customer has requested the item
- you need to reset your PIN code