Financial help with school transport
If your child does not qualify for free school transport then you can apply for help towards the cost if they meet certain criteria.
Your child may be eligible for financial help towards school transport if all of the following apply:
- live more than 2 miles but less than 3 miles from school
- attend catchment school
- unable to access a grace and favour seat (a spare seat on a school bus)
- receiving any of the qualifying benefits
- Income Support
- Jobseeker's Allowance (Income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income based)
- Child Tax Credit on its own, with an annual taxable income of less than £16,105 (subject to change)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of less than £6,420 (subject to change)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
Completed application form should be sent to your child's school.
Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.