Whitesands project costs and funding
A summary of the expenditure costs and funding details.
Since project agreement, the scope, timescale and cost of the project has been subject to significant change and the current estimate of the cost of the scheme is £37m (all costs to date plus estimated to completion and costs for construction increased to reflect a construction-phase mid-point of 2026).
80% of the funding for this project will come from Scottish Government, with the remainder being funded by the Council (20%), and will be based upon costs following successful tender award for construction. This money is for a flood protection scheme and couldn't be used for any other projects in the town.