Our Community Safety Team deals with abandoned vehicles that are a nuisance or untaxed.
There is no legal definition for an abandoned vehicle but we'd consider a vehicle to be abandoned if it hasn't moved for a considerable time and it:
- is damaged or in a run-down state
- has no number plates
- contains waste
- attracts vandals
- has no registered keeper on the DVLA system
- has a registered keeper but they fail to respond to our correspondence
Tell us about an abandoned vehicle
You'll need to provide:
- the location of the vehicle
- details for the vehicle or a description
You can also email email@example.com or call 030 33 33 3000.
What we'll do
We'll investigate your report to decide whether a vehicle has been abandoned.