Building standards forms and guidance
There are a variety of forms which you may need to complete as part of the building control process.
We would encourage you to use the eBuilding Standards Scotland website. The site allows building warrant applications and other related forms to be submitted online. Applications for this area will be sent to us automatically and processed as normal.
Alternatively, you can use the Scottish Government's downloadable forms to submit a paper application.
Extra forms and guidance designed for this region are available to download:
- Application for property inspection (residential) [93kb]
- Confirmation property layout is in accordance with former approval [13kb]
- Confirmation of completion [79kb]
- Confirmation that proposed works are exempt [13kb]
- Design statement - High Efficiency Alternative Systems [254kb]
- Guide to building warrant applications [64kb]
- Guidance note for certification of electrical installations [103kb]
- Percolation test recording sheet [43kb]
- Download a table of fees for non-statutory services [13kb]
- Find out about the service standards you should expect
- Scottish Government guidance on the building standards process
Contact us if you'd like information in an alternative format, need help understanding our information or assistance to complete a form.