Technical papers and land use audits
The technical papers and land use audits for the Local Development Plan are important because they provide a lot of background information and evidence that it is not possible or appropriate to include in the plan.
These documents provide background information and an evidence base to policies and strategies contained in the plan.
Some technical papers are studies that have been undertaken whilst others provide an explanation as to how boundaries such as regional scenic areas have been drawn. Some technical papers also provide more of an explanation to a strategy contained in the LDP.
- Housing Land Requirement Technical Paper [1Mb]
- Retail Capacity Study Technical Paper [2Mb]
- Dumfries Regional Traffic Model Support Technical Paper [4Mb]
- Regional Scenic Area technical paper (including Errata pages) [11Mb]
- Local Nature Conservation Sites Technical Paper [1Mb]
- Mineral Assessment Technical Paper [2Mb]
- Settlement Hierarchy Technical Paper [1Mb]
- Archaeologically Sensitive Areas (ASAs) Technical Paper [5Mb]
- Technical Paper - conservation areas [12Mb]
- Wind Energy Technical Paper [3Mb]
- Masterplans: A Guide for Developers [2Mb]
Land use audits
Audits are produced each year and will enable us to identify trends.
Housing Land Audit
The Council has to make sure that there is land available across the region for developers to build houses. This is so that the demand for housing in the region can be met for at least the next 5 years. It is a requirement of Scottish Planning Policy. The region is divided into 'Housing Market Areas' - Annan, Dumfries, Eskdale, Mid Galloway, Stewartry and Stranraer.
The audit methodology is constantly being updated and improved to ensure the programming of housing sites is as accurate as possible which has become an increasingly difficult task due to the current difficult economic climate. Volume house builders and landowners with an interest in sites included in the audit have been contacted to obtain their input into the programming process. Where this information has been received it has been incorporated into the audit report.
2016 Housing Land Audit
The base date for this audit is 31 March 2016
- Download the Housing Land Audit 2016 Summary Report [143kb]
- Download the Annex 1 Housing Land Audit 2016 Annan HMA [645kb]
- Download the Annex 2 Housing Land Audit 2016 Dumfries HMA [1Mb]
- Download the Annex 3 Housing Land Audit 2016 Eskdale HMA [434kb]
- Download the Annex 4 Housing Land Audit 2016 Mid Galloway HMA [623kb]
- Download the Annex 5 Housing Land Audit 2016 Stewartry HMA [782kb]
- Download the Annex 6 Housing Land Audit 2016 Stranraer HMA [613kb]
Available capacity at water treatment works (WTW) and waste water treatment works (WWTW) can be found using Scottish Water's online Asset Capacity Search tool.
2015 Housing Land Audit
The base date for the audit is 31 March 2015
- Housing Land Audit 2015 Summary Report [143kb]
- Annex 1 Housing Land Audit 2015 Annan HMA [1Mb]
- Annex 2 Housing Land Audit 2015 Dumfries HMA [2Mb]
- Annex 3 Housing Land Audit 2015 Eskdale HMA [917kb]
- Annex 4 Housing Land Audit 2015 Mid Galloway HMA [1Mb]
- Annex 5 Housing Land Audit 2015 Stewartry HMA [1Mb]
- Annex 6 Housing Land Audit 2015 Stranraer HMA [1Mb]
Business and Industry Land Audit
It is also important to have up-to-date and accurate information on the supply and availability of business and industrial land in Dumfries and Galloway.
We have to monitor whether sites allocated in the plan have been developed. This audit also assesses the availability of sites that haven't been developed.
Vacant and Derelict Land Survey
The Vacant and Derelict Land Survey establishes the extent and state of vacant and derelict land in Dumfries and Galloway. It is carried out using guidance produced by the Scottish Government.
Information Briefing Notes
There are also a number of useful briefing notes
- 2012 Mid Year Population Estimate Dumfries and Galloway [41kb]
- 2013 Mid Year Population Estimate Dumfries and Galloway [41kb] [41kb]
- Housing Market Area Population Estimates 2012 [163kb]
- Housing Market Area Population Estimates 2013 [166kb]
- Population Projections Dumfries and Galloway 2012-2037 [166kb]
Households and Dwellings
- Households and Dwellings [29kb]
- Estimates of Households and Dwellings in Dumfries and Galloway 2013 [30kb]
- Household Projections Dumfries and Galloway 2012-2037 [33kb]
- Housing Market Area Dwelling Counts 2003-2012 [153kb]
- Housing Market Area Dwelling Counts 2003-2013 [150kb]