Technical papers and land use audits
The technical papers and land use audits for the Local Development Plan are important because they provide a lot of background information and evidence that it is not possible or appropriate to include in the plan.
These documents provide background information and an evidence base to policies and strategies contained in the plan.
Some technical papers are studies that have been undertaken whilst others provide an explanation as to how boundaries such as regional scenic areas have been drawn. Some technical papers also provide more of an explanation to a strategy contained in the LDP.
- Housing Land Requirement Technical Paper [1Mb]
- Retail Capacity Study Technical Paper [2Mb]
- Dumfries Regional Traffic Model Support Technical Paper [4Mb]
- Regional Scenic Area technical paper (including Errata pages) [11Mb]
- Local Nature Conservation Sites Technical Paper [1Mb]
- Mineral Assessment Technical Paper [2Mb]
- Settlement Hierarchy Technical Paper [1Mb]
- Archaeologically Sensitive Areas (ASAs) Technical Paper [5Mb]
- Technical Paper - conservation areas [12Mb]
- Wind Energy Technical Paper [3Mb]
- Masterplans: A Guide for Developers [2Mb]
Land use audits
The Council has to make sure that there is land available across the region for developers to build houses. This is so that the demand for housing in the region can be met for at least the next 5 years. It is a requirement of Scottish Planning Policy.
Audits are produced each year and will enable us to identify trends. The region is divided into 'Housing Market Areas' - Annan, Dumfries, Eskdale, Mid Galloway, Stewartry and Stranraer.
2017 Housing Land Audit
- Download the Housing Land Audit 2017 Summary Report [137kb]
- Download the Annex 1 Housing Land Audit 2017 Annan HMA [1Mb]
- Download the Annex 2 Housing Land Audit 2017 Dumfries HMA [1013kb]
- Download the Annex 3 Housing Land Audit 2017 Eskdale HMA [476kb]
- Download the Annex 4 Housing Land Audit 2017 Mid Galloway HMA [624kb]
- Download the Annex 5 Housing Land Audit 2017 Stewartry HMA [761kb]
- Download the Annex 6 Housing Land Audit 2017 Stranraer HMA [624kb]
The base date for the 2017 audit is 31 March 2017. Available capacity at water and waste water treatment works an be found using Scottish Water's online Asset Capacity Search tool.
2016 Housing Land Audit
- Download the Housing Land Audit 2016 Summary Report [143kb]
- Download the Annex 1 Housing Land Audit 2016 Annan HMA [645kb]
- Download the Annex 2 Housing Land Audit 2016 Dumfries HMA [1Mb]
- Download the Annex 3 Housing Land Audit 2016 Eskdale HMA [434kb]
- Download the Annex 4 Housing Land Audit 2016 Mid Galloway HMA [623kb]
- Download the Annex 5 Housing Land Audit 2016 Stewartry HMA [782kb]
- Download the Annex 6 Housing Land Audit 2016 Stranraer HMA [613kb]
The base date for the 2016 audit is 31 March 2016.
Business and Industry Land Audit
It is also important to have up-to-date and accurate information on the supply and availability of business and industrial land in Dumfries and Galloway.
We have to monitor whether sites allocated in the plan have been developed. This audit also assesses the availability of sites that haven't been developed.
Vacant and Derelict Land Survey
The Vacant and Derelict Land Survey establishes the extent and state of vacant and derelict land in Dumfries and Galloway. It is carried out using guidance produced by the Scottish Government.