Care Call (Telecare)
Care Call is a 24 hour 365 day response service which works through a control unit connected to your telephone line. It is operated by us to help you to stay safe in your own home.
Update 23 November 2022
Dumfries and Galloway Council's Care Call Service has been made aware of a potential bogus scam. Persons have been cold calling offering additional Care Call service via persons GP surgeries.
These callers and are not from Care Call, if you receive a call from someone claiming to be from Care Call and you have any concerns please call Dumfries and Galloway Council on 030 33 33 3000 or Police Scotland on 101.
If a member of staff from the Dumfries and Galloway Council's Care Call service needs to visit you they will:
- Call prior to the visit taking place
- Arrange a suitable date & time to visit you, so you will always know they are coming
- They will have a Dumfries and Galloway Council Identity Card that they will always show you, even if you don't ask to see it
- They will be dressed in clothing with the Dumfries and Galloway Council logo. If you have family members, friends, or neighbours with Care Call please let them know about this, as mentioned above if you have any concerns please contact Dumfries and Galloway Council on 030 33 33 3000 or Police Scotland on 101
Care Call means we can help in an emergency at any time, day or night. You'll be connected to our trained operators at the press of a button or through sensors in your home, the operators will speak to you and contact help if needed.
We can monitor:
- emergency button pendants
- smoke detectors
- fall detectors
- movement detectors
- door and window sensors
- flood detectors
- carbon monoxide detectors
- extreme temperature sensors
- chair and bed sensors
- wandering client alarms
Who can apply
Care Call might be the ideal solution if you're experiencing:
- physical disability
- sensory impairment
- mental health problems
- a long term health condition
- problems with substance misuse
The weekly charge is currently £3.60, the equipment you'll need is provided free of charge.
How to apply
- Call 030 33 33 3001
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- a telephone landline in your house
- 2 people who can hold a key and be your responders in an emergency