Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
You can borrow a wide range of electronic books, audiobooks and magazines from our online library for free using a system called BorrowBox.
Members can borrow up to 4 eBooks and 4 eAudiobooks from BorrowBox at a time. There are no limits on the number of eMagazines you can borrow.
Loans are free. You will be required to download software on some mobile devices but there is no cost involved.
Don't worry about fines for returning items late either because they are automatically returned to the digital library after the 3 week loan period (unless you renew them).
You need to be a library member, join the library for free if you haven't already.
You can start using the BorrowBox system straightaway via your web browser on a PC or laptop but you'll need to download a free app before you can start borrowing on devices such as smartphones, tablets or E-readers:
- PC and laptop users - visit BorrowBox from your web browser
- Apple (iPhone and iPad) users - download BorrowBox from the App Store
- Android users - download BorrowBox from Google Play
- Kindle and Amazon Fire users - install BorrowBox on your Amazon device
You can then use your library membership to register for BorrowBox and start borrowing. You'll need:
- your library card number
- your PIN (your library card password - the default is your date of birth as DDMMYYYY)
- Internet access
Help with BorrowBox
There is a useful help facility built in to BorrowBox but you can download one of our user guides if need be:
You might have problems downloading items if:
- your membership is coming up for renewal
- you need to reset your PIN code