About Challenge Poverty Week
Dumfries & Galloway Council are once again supporting Challenge Poverty Week 2020 which is the annual national Campaign Awareness Raising Week led by Poverty Alliance Scotland.
This year's Key Campaign Aims and Messages are all listed below:
Challenge Poverty Week is an annual opportunity for us all to raise our voice's against poverty and unite with others in calling for a more just and equal Scotland.
- To raise a unified voice against poverty and show that we all want to live in a more just and equal Scotland
- To build awareness and support for solutions to poverty.
- To change the conversation around poverty and help end the stigma of living on a low income.
- Too many people in Scotland are living with the constant pressure of living in poverty.
- As we plan our economic recovery, we must redesign our economy to reflect the values of justice and compassion we all share.
- By boosting people's incomes and reducing the cost of living we can solve make sure we all have what we need.
- #ChallengePoverty #TogetherWeCan
Together with the Poverty Alliance, Dumfries and Galloway Council and all of our tackling poverty partners are all coming together to produce a week long programme of video's, infographics and downloadable facts sheets around 7 Key Themes which link into aims and key messages highlighted above:
- Causes and Effects of Poverty,
- Money, Benefits, Welfare, Finances and Debt
- Education and Training
- Employment and Retirement
- Housing & Utilities
- Food Banks
- The Changing Face of Poverty and Community Stories
Please find our Challenge Poverty Week 2020 Programme below and all links to our Video's, Infographics & Downloadable Fact Sheets will be available from Monday 5 October 2020.