An impact assessment is a tool that helps us to check whether our policies and practices are fair and inclusive. The process aims to improve services for all of the people in Dumfries and Galloway.
We assess whether the decisions we make are likely to impact on different groups of people across the region. Areas we assess include:
- Gender (including pregnancy and maternity)
- Gender reassignment
- Sexual orientation
- Religion or belief
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Human rights and wellbeing
- Health inequalities and health
- Economic and social sustainability
- Environmental sustainability, climate change and energy management
The results of our assessments should highlight any barriers or discrimination that might affect people using our services, ensuring we meet our statutory duties under the Equality Act including the Fairer Scotland Duty.
We publish a summary of the results from all of the assessments we've completed. You can download summaries of our assessments carried out over the last 6 months:
Call 01387 260202 if you have any questions about our impact assessments.