We sometimes provide hospitality in the form of a reception, light refreshments or a presentation to mark special events or achievements.
We'll consider applications to decide whether hospitality will be provided and what form it will take. The hospitality varies according to the type of event, the number of people attending and the venue. Examples include:
- a reception for attendees at a major conference in Dumfries and Galloway
- a presentation to mark a special achievement by a local group or organisation
- an event to recognise a special honour for a local person, business or charity
Councillors host events and council representatives are invited with your own guests.
How to apply
Download the application form for the relevant financial year:
- Download an application for civic hospitality 2016/17 [126kb]
- Download an application for civic hospitality 2017/18 [129kb]
Email completed forms to email@example.com and send a printed and signed declaration page to us by post.
We can't consider applications which are incomplete. You must answer all of the questions and submit the required documents to avoid disappointment.
When to apply
Hospitality takes time to plan and organise so you should submit your application as far in advance of the date concerned as possible. It isn't usually possible to consider applications for events with less than ten weeks' notice.
What happens next
We'll process your application and get in touch when we've made a decision.
We might contact you for further information about your application as we're processing and assessing it. We will be able to complete the process more quickly if you respond as soon as possible.
Successful applicants need to complete a monitoring and evaluation form when the event has taken place. This allows us to make sure events are being organised correctly in line with the original application. You'll need to provide:
- a summary of the event
- information on any challenges or changes you'd make
- details of costs and copies of receipts or invoices