If you have been assessed as needing social care we can make a direct payment to you. You can use this money to pay for the things agreed in your personal plan and our Direct Payment support service will help you.
Your plan might include:
- employing a personal assistant to support you
- buying equipment
- choosing and paying for a support agency
- having a short break
Employing a personal assistant (PA)
If you opt for a direct payment and use it to employ someone you'll get exactly the care you need because you'll choose your PA and what they do.
We'll support you with the process of employing someone and with the rules you'll need to know to become an employer. We'll also help with training your PA.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 01387 260317 or 260088
Someone from our team will arrange to visit you at home to help with:
- your responsibility as an employer
- rates of pay
- how you set up a system to pay someone and pensions
- employer's liability insurance
- how to make a proper employment contract
- finding a PA, preparing job descriptions, placing adverts, help with interviews
- checking your PA has a PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) certificate
The Scottish Government has produced a Personal Assistant Employer's Handbook which provides more information.