When your child is getting support from several different services one of the professionals involved will agree to be the Lead Professional.
The Lead Professional will:
- make sure everyone is clear about what is happening
- arrange meetings and discussions to develop your child's plan
- check on progress and make sure you and your child have all the information you need
- make sure that you understand what is happening.
- make sure that everyone involved listens to your views and takes them seriously.
The Lead Professional will be the person who has the most knowledge and experience to co-ordinate your child's plan. You and your child will be fully involved in any decision about who they are.