We publish accounts at the end of each financial year (1 April to 31 March). These accounts help us to demonstrate how we use public money.
The accounts show our income and spending over the previous 12 months and balances at the end of that period. Our accounts are checked by external auditors before they are signed off.
This year's accounts
Our unaudited accounts for 2017/18 are currently being checked by external auditors before the final accounts are approved and published. The unaudited accounts are available for inspection until Friday 20 July.
The accounts can be inspected in person during the opening times at any of our local libraries or in person between 9.30am and 4pm, Monday to Friday, at:
- Council HQ, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2DD
- Council Offices, High Street, Annan, DG12 6AQ
- Town Hall, Market Place, Langholm, DG13 0JQ
- Council Offices, Daar Road, Kirkcudbright, DG6 4JG
- Council Offices, Sun Street, Stranraer, DG9 7JJ
Email email@example.com if you'd like to inspect all books, deed, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to the Annual Accounts being audited. We'll arrange to make the appropriate documents available at a mutually acceptable date and location.
Objections to the accounts or to any part of those accounts must be made in writing by no later than Friday 20 July. Send your objection in writing, together with a statement of the grounds on which you object, to the following:
- The External Auditors, Grant Thornton, Level 8,110 Queen Street, Glasgow, G1 3BX
- The Controller of Audit, Audit Scotland, 110 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4LH and
- Dumfries and Galloway Council, Council HQ, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2DD
Accounts from previous years
Accounts for the last five financial years are also available to download: