Dumfries and Galloway Regionwide Coastal Benefit Fund
Dumfries and Galloway Regionwide Coastal Benefit Fund has been established to invest funds awarded to our Council from the net revenue generated from Scottish Crown Estate marine assets (out to 12 nautical miles).
This fund is currently closed
Information on future rounds will be shared here
All applications must:
- demonstrate tangible benefits to the safety, health and wellbeing and/or economy of coastal communities.
- demonstrate their contribution to the Council Priorities and Commitments (click here); and
- be for new projects, which can include feasibility studies.
- applications from third sector/community/public sector organisations should demonstrate support from the residents of coastal communities for the project. (eg letters of support, community consultation etc)
How much can you apply for?
There are three funding streams available. Two for community and public sector bodies and one for businesses.
Smaller Project Fund for third and public sector organisations
Total available £75,000 - towards smaller projects seeking up to £5,000
Larger Project Fund for third and public sector organisations
Total available £266,620 - towards larger projects seeking over £5,000
Business Fund for private companies and social enterprises
Total available £75,000 - towards businesses seeking up to £5,000
The scoring framework for all funding streams will be weighted to support projects seeking less than 50% intervention from this Fund. No other Council sources of funding can be used as match funding.
It is not envisaged that individual awards of over £50,000 will be made, unless from a partnership application of two or more organisations/communities.
Applications must be for new projects, which includes feasibility studies for new initiatives.
The Fund cannot support current projects or the ongoing running costs of organisations, but existing organisations can apply for new projects and activities.
Applications can be for capital and/or revenue costs
Applications must be for projects that are expected to use the grant award within a 12 month period
Third Sector organisations/community groups require to have a constitution and appropriate governance and financial arrangements in place, proportionate to the value of the application.
Businesses require to evidence that they are registered with Companies House or are a registered social enterprise
Public Sector organisations are required to evidence that the project/activity is in addition to its statutory duties and is not filling any funding gap/pressures. Applications must benefit communities that have a coastline - the Community Council areas which this covers are contained in the Guidance and Criteria below.
- cannot include the ongoing running costs of an organisation. (Existing organisations can apply for new projects and activities).
- cannot include anything already committed to or paid for prior to a decision.
- cannot include costs to cover existing salaries.(additional hours are permitted)
- cannot include in kind costs (as match or expenditure)
- cannot be from any Dumfries and Galloway Council Service
For more information or support please contact your local Ward Officer or email CoastalBenefitFund@dumgal.gov.uk .
Alternatively, please call Derek Hextall on 07834567869