Annan Property Improvement Grant Scheme
Dumfries and Galloway Council is launching a Property Improvement Grant Scheme for proprietors and occupants of commercial properties in Annan town centre and other neighbourhood centres in the DG12 post code area.
During 2019 a number of community engagement events were carried out: the Annan Town Centre Regeneration Plan was developed though this work. This plan identified a building facelift programme as a priority action.
This new Property Improvement Grant Scheme will open for applications on 1 September 2020 and will operate up until 31 March 2022 or whenever the grant fund of £50,000 is fully allocated.
How does it work?
The Scheme provides applicants who own, or are tenants of, commercial properties in Annan town centre, or in commercial properties within neighbourhood centres within the DG12 post code area, with an opportunity to apply for a grant towards eligible repairs and improvements to the front of their commercial properties.
Up to 50% of the cost of eligible repairs or improvements is available as a grant, up to a maximum grant of £5,000.
The amount of grant available will be specific to each applicant and individual circumstances. Where landlords are seeking grants for more than one eligible property this may be considered, however all grant awards are subject to the Council's discretion.
- Repairs to and reinstatement of any part of a commercial property that is visible from the street in an eligible town centre or neighbourhood centre within the Annan and DG12 postcode area
- Reinstatement of original architectural features on property:
- ornamental masonry, stucco and other applied finishes or details, historically patterned woodwork, ornamental metalwork, historic glazing patterns or other features of historic significance
- Other repairs to the principal elevation above a qualifying commercial property will be considered
- Repairs and reinstatement of guttering and down-pipes to match historic materials
- Repainting or re-rendering prominent elevations in suitable heritage colours
- Repair or replacement of external stonework and brickwork and rendering
- Re-pointing using traditional materials
- Signage and fascias - NOTE UpVC signage is not eligible
- Roof repairs are not eligible
Rob Davidson, Chair of Economy and Resources Committee said: "This is wonderful news for the Annan and DG12 area. This Property Improvement Grant Scheme will help to improve the exterior of commercial properties."
Archie Dryburgh, Vice Chair of Economy and Resources Committee and Chair of the Chapelcross Site Stakeholder Group said: "We are delighted that The Town Centre Capital Fund is supporting property improvements in the Annan and DG12 area."
Sean Marshall, Chair of the Annan Regeneration Steering Group said: "As Chair of Annan Regeneration Steering Group I am pleased that the Council's Strategic Projects Team are taking forward a Property Improvement Grant scheme worth £100k to local businesses."
For further details telephone: 030 33 33 3000 or email: PropertyImprovementGrants@dumgal.gov.uk