Fireworks and explosives licence
Businesses that store fireworks and other explosives need to be licensed with us or the Health and Safety Executive.
If you store between 5 and 2000kg (net explosives content) of explosives, including fireworks, you will require a licence from us:
You will need to apply for a licence from the Health and Safety Executive if you are storing more than 2000kg net explosives content.
Under these licences you can only sell fireworks:
- between 15th October and 10th November
- between 26th December and 31st December
- Chinese New Year, the first day and the three days immediately preceding it
- on the day of Diwali and the three days immediately preceding it
If you wish to sell fireworks all year round you will need to contact us about a fireworks annual licence.
- Call 030 33 33 3000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 22/03/2023