Local Place Plans - Tool kits and useful links
To help your community understand the various steps required in preparing a Local Place Plan, the Council have produced the following toolkits.
These toolkits will be kept up to date as we learn more from those communities preparing Local Place Plans. We may add others as and when required.
The Scottish Community Development Centre and Nick Wright Planning developed a draft 'How to' Guide aimed at supporting communities to prepare Local Place Plans. An updated version is anticipated.
- Scottish Government Draft 'How to Guide'
- Public Health Scotland have produced a short video on the Place Standard Tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbEh9wv60Lc
Information and Guidance
- Scottish Government circular provides guidance on the preparation, submission and registration of Local Place Plans - Planning circular 1/2022: Local Place Plans
- Scottish Government and partners have developed the www.ourplace.scot/ website to support collaborative place-based working across Scotland. It includes information relevant to Local Place Plans, place-making principles and approaches.
- The Planning (Scotland) Act 2019 provides the legislative framework for Local Place Plans
- This is supported by the following regulations - Town and Country Planning (Local Place Plans) (Scotland) Regulations 2021
- The Place Standard Tool
- The Place Standard Tool: Versions for Children and Young People
- National Standards for Community Engagement
Third Sector, Charity and Voluntary Groups who may provide assistance
Third Sector D&G may be able to provide assistance on funding and governance should these be required. Local Place Teams will be able to advise on these matters.
- Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway (TSDG)
- Planning Aid Scotland (PAS)
- Scottish Community Development Centre (SCDC)
Register of Local Place Plans
Registered Local Place Plans are available to view in the page below:
Relevant Plans and Strategies
- Dumfries and Galloway Council Plan
- Dumfries and Galloway Local Development Plan
- Dumfries and Galloway Carbon Management Plan and Action Plan?
- Dumfries and Galloway Regional Economic Strategy
- National Planning Framework
Sources of Information
- New Land Ownership register
- Scottish Futures Trust Place Guide
- The Scottish Living Locally Data Portal (SLLDP)