Summer Programme Fund 2022
We are seeking local organisations to deliver free activities during the Summer School Holidays 2022 for children and young people aged 5-14. (Saturday 2 July - Sunday 21 August).
Applications are invited from £500 up to £20k
This funding is specifically to provide free activities for children and young people, aged 5-14 in Dumfries and Galloway (we are looking to provide activities across as many communities as possible).
The programmes should enhance equity by widening opportunities for children from low income families to play, socialise, get active and access a range of activities that broaden their experiences, supplement their learning and deliver positive outcomes and integrating food provision wherever possible and be focused on children and young people within our priority groups.
Grant application amounts
Applications are invited from both third sector and childcare organisations.
There is a fund of £135,000 available. There are 2 pots of funding:
- General Grants Pot: £115,000 available - Maximum applications of £20,000
- Small Grants Pot: £20,000 available - Maximum applications of £1,000
There is no match funding requirement for this fund.
All activities funded must:
- Be FREE for all children and young people up to the age of 14- funding cannot be used to subsidise costs.
- Be developed alongside children and young people- you should involve children & young people in co-designing the project.
- Be targeted at children and young people within one of the priority groups below:
- Lone Parent Families
- Families which include a disabled adult or child
- Larger Families (3 or more children)
- Minority Ethnic Families
- Families with a child under one year old in the household
- Families where the mother is under 25 years of age
- Take place between Saturday 2nd July - Sunday 21st August 2022
- Include substantial food element if planned activity lasts longer than 3 or more hours (food must be provided free of charge)
- Cannot be used to fund activity that would have already taken place without this funding (even pre-COVID), but can be used to fund additional activities, extensions or increase to existing activities.
- Fund opens for applications at 9:00am on Monday 9 May 2022
- The Fund closes for applications at 12 noon on Monday 23 May 2022
- Scoring Panel will meet to decide on allocations Monday 30 May 2022
- All applicants will be informed of the decision by Tuesday 31 May 2022.
How to apply
Full guidance notes and the application form to apply for this funding are all contained within the links below:
For more information, please e-mail the Amazing Summer Team on AmazingSummer@dumgal.gov.uk or call 01387 260243.