UK Community Renewal Fund
We are now closed to new applications. We are undertaking assessment of the submitted applications and will be in touch with applicants in due course.
Please read the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus and the UK Community Renewal Fund Technical Note for Project Applicants and Deliverers before starting work on a bid.
FAQ's can be found here: UK Community Renewal Fund: frequently asked questions - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
The prospectus gives information on the objectives of the fund, the types of projects it will support, and how it operates. This includes the process and selection criteria that will be used to assess bids.
Successful UK Community Renewal Fund bids will be for 2021-22 only and projects must be completed by the end of March 2022.
As part of the UK Government's Levelling Up programme, 100 priority places in the UK have been identified for the UK Community Renewal Fund. Dumfries and Galloway is a priority place and Dumfries & Galloway Council is the lead authority. This means we are responsible for:
- publishing this information
- receiving bids
- selecting the bids that will be sent to UK Government for consideration
- paying grants to successful projects and managing their performance
The type of bids we are looking for
A focus for this fund is to support innovation and new ideas, investing in pilots that draw on local insights and which will help places to prepare for the introduction of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund in 2022.
We are interested in proposals that fit with our local priorities:
- Dumfries and Galloway Council Priorities and Commitments
- Local Strategies, Plans and Policies
- No One Left Behind: delivery plan - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- Young Person's Guarantee - Phase 1: activity plan - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
Projects must deliver activity that is line with the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus and fall into at least one of the following priorities:
- investment in skills
- investment for local business
- investment in communities and place
- supporting people into employment
The UK Government expects to support a range of projects by theme and size, but you are encouraged to maximise impact and deliverability through larger projects (£500,000+) where this is possible. As 90% of funding available through the UK Community Renewal Fund is revenue funding and only available in 2021/22, projects should be mostly or wholly revenue based.
Assessment of bid proposals
We will assess all bids and they will be assessed against:
- the gateway criteria set out in the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus - bids that fail to meet these criteria will be rejected
- the extent to which they meet the objectives of UK Community Renewal Fund
- the extent to which bids would support the delivery of local priorities
Following assessment we will prioritise and submit to the UK Government, those eligible bids up to a maximum of £3m which most strongly meet the UK Community Renewal Fund and local priorities.
The UK Government will assess all bids submitted by lead authorities and will announce the outcome of the assessment process from late July 2021 onwards.
Dumfries & Galloway Council will enter into a funding agreement with successful bidders.