Antisocial Behaviour Strategy
Working with our community safety teams and partner organisations we are committed to tackling antisocial behaviour in our region.
Our aim for this strategy is to 'resolve antisocial behaviour as early as possible, using enforcement measures where preventative interventions have failed.'
Through promoting positive citizenship, we aim to prevent, tackle and reduce antisocial behaviour. In doing so we will strive to ensure that individuals feel safe and respected within the community.
The key priorities are:
- Prevention and Early intervention - Increase the number of preventative and early interventions by antisocial behaviour partner agencies.
- Community Engagement - Maintain the high level of residents who feel safe in their local neighbourhood.
- Communications - Make the Anti-Social Behaviour Strategy and associated information available on-line.
- Enforcement - Reduce the number of recorded antisocial behaviour enforcement measures.
This strategy will be achieved by:
- Establishing a means of identifying and prioritising antisocial behaviour
- Securing partner agency commitment and community engagement in tackling antisocial behaviour and introducing effective early interventions
- Determining strategic actions supported by locally based Community Safety Multi Agency Tasking and Co-ordinating Groups
- Developing policies, protocols and procedures to address antisocial behaviour across the region
This strategy has been developed by the Community Safety Partnership and partner organisations and was approved in 2015.
This three-year strategy is reviewed annually, and the aligned work plan is refreshed every six months by the Antisocial Behaviour Strategy Group. Partners are currently undertaking a full refresh of the current Antisocial Behaviour Strategy, with a view that a 2019-2023 version will be agreed by partners before the end of 2018.
This strategy will be updated in accordance with any changes or amendments to policy or legislation.
To find out more about the Antisocial Behaviour Strategy
- Email: email@example.com
- Call 030 33 33 3000
- Write to Community Safety Team, Cargen Tower, Garroch Loaning, Dumfries, DG2 8PN