Dumfriesshire Educational Trust
The scheme awards financial assistance to residents and looked after young people who live in Dumfriesshire and are either attending or looking to attend educational activities.
Educational activities can include:
- attending a course
- obtaining a qualification
- obtaining practical experience in a trade
- promoting education in visual arts
- promoting education in music
Financial assistance may also be available for travel or equipment expenses that arise with educational activities.
Currently under review for 2019 applications.
Looked after young people
The Trust will also consider applications from 'looked after children' under the age of 18, who are in an educational course with a recognised qualification. They need to meet the following criteria:
- have been looked after or are currently being looked after within the last 3 years
- their address is currently or has been within the former boundary of Dumfries within the last 3 years
How to apply
Applications will be available from June 2019.
Applications will be considered in Autumn 2019. Payments will be made directly to the applicants personal bank account, details of which must be included in the application form.
The Edinburgh Dumfriesshire Scholarship also available to secondary school pupils who have been mainly educated in Dumfriesshire and are looking to attend higher education at Edinburgh University.
You can get in touch for further information:
- Email CommitteeAdmin-CommunitiesDirectorate@dumgal.gov.uk
- Call 01387 245967
- Write to Clerk to the Dumfriesshire Educational Trust, Municipal Chambers, Buccleuch Street, Dumfries, DG1 2AD