We work with community groups to deliver a range of activities or clubs which will encourage you to be more active, meet new people, do something new and have fun.
As part of our Restart, Renewal and Recovery we are pleased to announce some of our outdoors activities have returned in Dumfries. We are working with staff and partners to try to provide similar opportunities across the region.
In terms of our indoor activities, we are currently working towards restarting our popular 'Exercise for Health' classes across Dumfries & Galloway. We will keep you updated as soon as classes return.
POWER WALK Our popular Power Walks have restarted in Dumfries. We will aim for approx 3 miles on our walks, which will all adhere to social distancing guidelines. More information about this will be explained by the walk leader. If possible walkers should wear bright clothing to ensure we are seen! Mondays at 9.15am and Tuesdays at 6.00pm - both leaving from Cupcake Café, Dock Park.
MUMS ON THE MOVE We are delighted to announce our new family friendly activity...Mums on the Move (open to Dad, Grandads & childminders too!) This outdoor activity will focus on walking, power walking and an introduction to jogging. We will also encourage muscle and strength exercises throughout. Mondays at 1.30pm - leaving from Cupcake Café, Dock Park
STROLL IN THE PARK These FREE low-level walks are ideal for anyone living with or recovering from a long-term condition. They are also good for maintaining your fitness, can help you to remain strong and increase your walking confidence. We walk at a slower pace and include strength and balance exercises throughout the walk.Tuesdays at 1.30pm - leaving from Easterbrook Hall Car Park
PEDAL POWER We are delighted to announce our new women only cycling activity. We willaim for approx 5 miles, mostly on cycle paths around Dumfries. You must be able to ride a bike, ensure that your bike is road-worthy, and wear a cycle helmet. Thursdays at 5.30pm - leaving from Cupcake Café, Dock Park
- Getting outside and doing something you enjoy can really boost your mood #ClearYourHead
- All activities will adhere to social distancing guidelines which will be explained by the group leader.
- All outdoor classes £1.10 per hour (Stroll in the Park is FREE!)
- Participants will be asked to fill in a health questionnaire at their first class
- Booking is essential
- Please email Active.Communities@dumgal.gov.uk or call 07921038688 to reserve your space.
You can get the latest Active Communities updates by following our social media sites:
- Follow @DGCsport on Twitter
- Like Annandale and Eskdale Active Schools on Facebook
- Like Nithsdale Active Schools on Facebook
- Like Stewartry Active Schools on Facebook
- Like Wigtownshire Active Schools on Facebook
For further information contact Active.Communities@dumgal.gov.uk
You can also email the team in your area for further information: