Dementia care and support
Specialist care and support is often needed for people with dementia as well as their carers and family.
There are a local services (including day care centres) that can help people with dementia.
Contact us and we can look at support options with you:
- Apply for a support assessment
- Call 030 33 33 3001
There is usually a charge for attending a dementia day care service. help with costs and transport may be available.
Local day care centres
Annandale and Eskdale
Dementia Resource Centre
8 Gordon Street
West Morton Street
St Ninian's Church Hall
St Andrew Street
Kirkcudbright Community Centre
Turning Point Scotland Offices
Alzheimer Scotland provides a range of dementia services across the region as well as advice and information. They can:
- provide opportunities to take part in activities that suit you
- help you to stay part of your community
- allow you and your carer to get a break
Get support from Alzheimer Scotland
You can also:
- call 01387 261303
- visit the Dementia Resource Centre at 8 Gordon Street, Dumfries, DG1 1EG