Dalbeattie Household Waste Recycling Centre
You can take household waste to the recycling centre near Dalbeattie which is operated by Dumfries and Galloway Council. Commercial waste isn't accepted at this centre.
Follow the safety guidelines advertised on site to ensure you, other centre users and staff are safe during your visit. Think about the best way to safely transport or handle your waste before your visit and always wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
What we'll accept:
- Cardboard and books
- Glass bottles and jars
- Electrical appliances
- Televisions and monitors
- Fridges and freezers
- Household batteries
- Fluorescent tubes and low energy light bulbs
- Paint - find out how to prepare paint for disposal
- Green waste
- Soil and rubble
- Textiles, clothing and shoes
- Metal cans, tins and clean aluminium foil
- Scrap metal
- Plastic bottles
- Car batteries
- Waste engine oil
- Gas bottles - these should be returned to your supplier
- Asbestos (call 01387 750911 if you want to bring asbestos to this centre)
There may be other recycling centres near you that accept different items or are open at different times. You can also use our address search to find household waste recycling points, there are lots of these across the region and they might be a useful alternative.
You might also want to consider:
- requesting a collection for large items (bulky uplifts)
- requesting a collection for domestic appliances (white goods uplifts)
- donating items to a local charity or re-use organisation
Enquiries and feedback
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 030 33 33 3000.
Edingham Industrial Link Road
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday - Closed
Thursday - Closed
Friday - Closed
Saturday - Noon to 4pm
Sunday - Noon to 4pm
Make sure you have time to unload your vehicle and leave before closing time. The gate at this site will be closed and monitored 15 minutes before the centre is due to close, the site operator will control entry to the facility during this time.
You'll only be allowed to access the centre from 3.45pm if you're able to unload and leave by 4pm.
The centre may sometimes be closed temporarily so that skips can be emptied or removed, staff would appreciate your patience during these times.