You can borrow a wide range of electronic magazines from our online library for free using a system called OverDrive and the Libby app.
eMagazines can be borrowed for three weeks using Libby and can be renewed and borrowed again at any time by the same user without having to wait. There are no limits on the number of eMagazines you can borrow.
You need to be a library member to borrow from our digital collections, you can join the library for free if you haven't already.
You can start using OverDrive straightaway via your web at libbyapp.com
You will need to download a free app before you start borrowing on devices such as smartphones, or tablets. The Libby app is available for Apple devices (OS 9.0 or later), Android devices (5 or later) and Windows 10. Unfortunately, it is not available for Kindle Fire devices.
- PC and laptop users - visit Libby from OverDrive on your web browser
- Apple (iPhone and iPad) users - download the Libby app from the App Store
- Android users - download Libby from Google Play
You can then use your library membership to register for Libby and start borrowing. You'll need:
- your library card number
- your PIN (last 4 digits of your library card number)
- Internet access
Help with Libby
There's a help facility in the Libby app but you can download a user guide if needed:
You might have problems downloading items if:
- your membership is coming up for renewal
- you need to reset your PIN code