Household waste and recycling collection
We collect waste from households across the region.
We provide equipment to gather household waste and collect it regularly:
- Food waste recycling in Wigtownshire - food caddies collected every week
- Household recycling in Wigtownshire - recycling boxes collected every two weeks
- Household waste collection in all other areas - wheeled bins or an allowance of council refuse sacks collected every week
Phone 030 33 33 3000 to find out which day your waste is collected.
Waste should be put out on the kerbside by 7:30am on your collection day. We can provide an assisted collection service if you have problems putting waste out for collection.
There are a number of options for waste that won't fit in your wheeled bin or standard allowance of council refuse sacks:
- Request the collection of large items (bulky uplifts)
- Request the collection of domestic appliances (white goods uplifts)
- Dispose of waste at a recycling centre
We'll uplift up to 3 bags of side waste from each household with the weekly collections from Tuesday 27 December until Friday 27 January. These bags don't need to be council refuse sacks during this time.
Let us know if our crew missed your waste during our scheduled collections: