Graduate Programme 2017-18
Our graduate programme was created to enhance the experience, skills and employability of graduates in our region.
The programme contributes to a key council priority, building the local economy.
For the 2017-18 graduate programme, there are 10 placements being advertised across various services.
We offer meaningful employment for 8 months which gives graduates the opportunity to take responsibility for a specific piece of project work that actively contributes to our business objectives. You will also gaining valuable knowledge, skills and experience.
- Download the Graduate Programme prospectus [372kb]
- View a short video with information on some of the placement opportunities available
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply you must have achieved a degree within the last 18 months and also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Live in Dumfries and Galloway and graduated with your degree from any institution
- Obtained your degree from an institution based within Dumfries and Galloway
- Secondary education was in Dumfries and Galloway and graduated with your degree from any institution
- Parents/immediate family reside in Dumfries and Galloway and you graduated with your degree from any institution
How to apply
Applications for a place on the programme should be made through myjobscotland. You will be given details for the 10 graduate projects and asked to identify the 3 you are most interested in.
The closing date for applications is 16 May 2017.