Skip navigation


If you DON'T feel SAFE and don't know what to do TALK to us we can HELP YOU!

CPC - Sad Girl If you are worried or need help please talk to an adult you trust, such as your mum, dad, another relative, or family friend.

If the person you speak to does not listen to you, or does not take you seriously, or is not able to help you, then TALK TO US.

Talk to :

  • Your teacher
  • Your social worker
  • Your doctor or school nurse
  • A police officer

In an emergency if you or another young person need help please contact the police or social work right away and tell whoever answers the phone that you need help NOW.

Useful Numbers

Social Work (ask for duty Social Worker) - 030 33 33 3000
Police - 101
Childline - 0800 1111
Child Protection Line - 0800 022 3222

More Useful Information


Childline is a free helpline for children and young people in the United Kingdom. For further information visit their website.


Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre have a great website you can visit to get loads of advice on keeping yourself safe whether you use the Internet for Gaming, using Mobiles, Chatting Online, Podcasts and Blogs. Also keep a look out for the "Eye" Logo at the top right hand of the site where children and young people can report abuse and get the help they need.


Kidscape is a great website where you can get lots of advice regarding bullying.

Powered by GOSS iCM
©  Dumfries and Galloway Council