Town Centre Living Fund
The Town Centre Living Fund aims to increase the supply of affordable housing in town centres by bringing empty properties back into use.
The fund will support ongoing work aimed at improving the sustainability and vibrancy of our town centres by encouraging the refurbishment of empty properties and providing homes for our communities. The fund aims to enable projects which meet local housing need and wider regeneration outcomes.
Applications can be submitted by individuals, community groups, residential and commercial property owners and Registered Social Landlords.
We will consider funding for a range of proposals including community engagement, feasibility studies, design development and physical works. Applications will be assessed on their ability to deliver a number of priorities:
- contributing to regenerating town centres
- increasing the supply of affordable housing
- bringing empty properties back into use
All applications will be assessed individually to ensure flexibility in addressing the variety of circumstances present in town centres.
How to apply
Call 030 33 33 3000 to discuss your proposal. We'll be able to confirm the project meets the initial criteria before you submit an application.
What happens next
We'll acknowledge all applications and get in touch to let you know when we've reached a decision or discuss the proposal further if needed.
Each application is assessed based on its own merits so exact timescales and the full decision making process will vary from application to application.
- We may carry out a property inspection to determine suitability.
- We may assess the eligibility of certain work in complex cases.
- Your application may be presented to Elected Members for consideration.
- Refurbishments carried out to the property must meet the relevant standard.
- Works must comply with planning and building standard requirements.