Apply for extended hours at licensed premises
You can apply to extend your licensed hours if you hold a premises licence. The sale of alcohol without the appropriate licence is a criminal offence.
You can apply for extended hours if the Licensing Board considers that the hours requested are for:-:
- a special event or occasion to be catered for on the premises
- a special event of local or national significance
The Licensing Board may request that the licence holder considers applying for a major variation of the premises licence if there is an obvious pattern of applications for a specific type of event or specific hours.
How to apply
You should apply at least 14 days before the licence is required:
You'll need to supply:
- Information about the licence holder
- details of the event/occasion
- the dates and times for the extended hours
- the relevant fee (£10)
Fee and payment
Applications cost £10 whether you're granted a licence or not:
- Send cash or a cheque (payable to Dumfries and Galloway Council) when you submit your application
- Call 01387 245922 and pay by credit or debit card
What happens next
We consider all applications in line with local licensing policies and principles. We also consult with Police Scotland and the Licensing Standards Officer.
Applications for hours outwith the Licensing Board's policy or subject to an objection need to be considered by the Dumfries and Galloway Licensing Boards.
An extended hours licence will be issued at the earliest possible date after an application has been granted.