Regional Tourism Strategy
We've worked with public, private and community stakeholders to develop a Regional Tourism Strategy. The strategy will guide, change and grow the value, volume and resilience of our tourism sector.
The strategy was agreed by Dumfries and Galloway Council on 15 March 2016 and an action and delivery plan will be made available on an annual basis.
The strategy aims to make Dumfries and Galloway the destination of choice for quality, value and memorable experiences, delivered by skilled and passionate hosts. This will be delivered through three core themes:
- Providing Authentic Experiences through all year events and hospitality
- Improving the customer journey by providing a consistently high customer experience
- Building our capabilities by developing a resilient, advised and collaborative network of businesses and organisations
The outcomes from these themes will build our reputation as a place to recommend and return. We will also see an increase in:
- the value of tourism
- the volume and length of stay from tourists
- jobs related to the tourism sector