Local Development Plan 2 - Main Issues Report
We are currently consulting on the Main Issues Report (MIR) and the SEA Environmental Report for Local Development Plan 2. The consultation runs from Monday 30 January to Monday 24 April.
The comments we receive during the consultation will be recorded and considered when we are preparing the Proposed Plan that will be approved by councillors.
The Main Issues Report is the first major document and a key early milestone in the preparation of Local Development Plan 2. It focuses on policies and site allocations that have changed since the current LDP was adopted. It also outlines the Council's main ideas for future developments:
Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report on sites and policies recommended in the MIR has also been prepared.
There are a number of supporting documents published alongside the MIR:
- Monitoring Statement [816kb]
- State of the Environment Report [19Mb]
- Housing Land Requirement Technical Paper [388kb]
- LDP2: Settlement Hierarchy [234kb]
- Retail Study 2016 [1Mb]
- Workspace and Employment Land Study (coming soon)
- Call for Sites Consultation Comments [364kb]
- Community Place Making Workshops in Dumfries and Galloway [3Mb]
The sites that are considered suitable for future development are discussed in the Main Issues Report. There were also a number of sites submitted through the two call for sites exercises that aren't considered suitable for development and haven't been included in the Main Issues Report:
All sites in the adopted LDP and the sites submitted through the two call for sites exercises have been subject to a planning and strategic environmental assessment.
These are combined into one document for each of the settlements and are laid out in the following order:
- current LDP allocations listed numerically in the order of Housing (H), Business and Industry (B&I) and Mixed Use (MU) sites
- Followed by the call for sites submissions listed numerically again in the order of H, B&I and MU sites
The only sites not subject to a planning and SEA assessment are those that are either in villages, Small Building Groups or in the countryside. This is because development in these locations would be assessed against the relevant policies in the plan and would not be given an allocation in the plan. The list of these sites is contained in the above link: sites not considered suitable for development.
View assessments on the relevant settlement:
Submit your comments
Comments must be made in writing and we have prepared a form to help you:
You can submit comments until 5pm on Monday 24 April 2017:
- Email LDP@dumgal.gov.uk
- Write to Development Planning, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2HR
The Main Issues Report and Environmental Report can also be viewed at local libraries and planning offices:
- Militia House, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2HR (call 01387 260377)
- Kirkbank House, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2HS (call 01387 260199)
- Ashwood House, Sun Street, Stranraer, DG9 7JJ (call 01776 888468)