Redeveloping St Joseph's College - Dumfries Learning Town
We're currently redeveloping St Joseph's College as part of the Dumfries Learning Town Project. The school on Craig's Road in Dumfries is being transformed at a cost of around £24 million.
The redeveloped school will provide facilities that are fit the 21st century as well as retaining and enhancing historic buildings on the site. Work will include:
- demolishing and redeveloping historic parts of the building
- demolition of the existing PE and dining block
- building a new sports extension (including new sport pitches/facilities)
- incorporating a kitchen and dining area into the historic buildings
- enhancing external areas to suit secondary pupils
Work started in March 2016 to construct teaching accommodation that will be used during the redevelopment. The main building has been refurbished and extended. Pupils and staff started using the new facilities after the the Easter holidays in 2018.
Work is continuing on the site. Demolition work will allow two pitches to be completed in October 2018 with the project scheduled to be finished completely by August 2019.