Dalbeattie Learning Campus
Dalbeattie Learning Campus brings together Dalbeattie High School and Dalbeattie Primary School and Nursery onto one shared site.
It was agreed that Dalbeattie High School needed to be rebuilt in 2009 and the separate primary school and nursery was also judged to be in fairly poor condition. We agreed to proceed with a shared campus and new building for both schools in 2012 because the secondary school stands on a site that could accommodate this larger facility.
Dalbeattie Learning Campus was funded by the Scottish Government through Scotland's national Schools for the Future programme.
Construction began on site in March 2016 and the campus opened to pupils on 1 November 2017.
A second phase will involve the demolition of the old high school building and final landscaping works. This will be completed in early 2018.
The schools produce a joint bulletin with the latest project news which you can download from the Dalbeattie High School website.
- Flexible teaching spaces
- Hall and stage area
- whole school dining hall/assembly hall with bleacher seating
- social spaces and break out areas
- 3 court games hall, gym hall, fitness suite and changing rooms
- learning resource centre
- conference room
- six lane synthetic running track with 8 lane straight
- grass playing field at the centre and athletics facilities.
- full size synthetic hockey/football pitch
- basketball and netball court
- polymeric multi-use games area
- outdoor classroom
- sensory garden
- science garden
- cycle and scooter shelters
Ask a question or share your views