Funding from Area Committees
Grants are available to third sector, voluntary, community organisations and in certain circumstances individuals that work within one or more of the four geographical areas of Dumfries and Galloway.
Who can apply
Applications will be considered for projects that fit closely with the criteria set by the local Area Committees:
- Funding criteria for Annandale and Eskdale [55kb]
- Funding criteria for Nithsdale [54kb]
- Funding criteria for Stewartry [84kb]
- Funding criteria for Wigtownshire [57kb]
Stewartry Area Committee is also keen to encourage funding applications from individuals whose activities are likely to bring recognition to the area by participating in sports, music, drama and the arts.
When to apply
Applications are accepted throughout the year but are only considered quarterly. Applications for the first round of funding for 2017/18 have now closed and Area Committees considered these in March. Further rounds will be publicised in due course.
Area Committees will not generally consider funding events which have already taken place or projects which have started
How to apply
Download the relevant application form:
- Apply for 1 year funding up to £10,000 as an organisation [284kb]
- Apply for 1 year funding of over £10,000 as an organisation [503kb]
- Apply for 1 year funding as an individual [261kb]
Contact us if you're not sure which form to complete.
Email completed forms to email@example.com and send a printed and signed declaration page to us by post.
We can't consider applications which are incomplete. You must answer all of the questions and submit the required documents to avoid disappointment. Guidance documents are available which will help you when applying:
What happens next
Your application will be processed, scored and presented to councillors at the local Area Committee where a decision will be made.
- Download example scoring framework for Annandale and Eskdlae, Stewartry and Wigtown [47kb]
- Download example scoring framework for Nithsdale [46kb]
We might contact you for further information about your application(s) as we're processing and assessing them. We will be able to complete the process more quickly if you respond as soon as possible.