Search site

Help with garden maintenance

You may be able to get help through our Home Garden Maintenance Scheme if you are finding it difficult to look after your garden. There is a yearly charge for this service.


To get help with your garden you must be receiving one of these benefits:

  • Basic State Pension
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Attendance allowance
  • Sever disablement Allowance

You can get the service without paying VAT if you have health problems.

You must not be able to do the work yourself or have another adult living with you who could do the work.


If you need over 500 metres squared of grass cutting or over 40 metres of hedge cutting then you'll need to apply for extra work.

Customer notice

We are currently unable to take further applications for the Stewartry area and apologise for any inconvenience.

Page last updated: 16/03/17