Planning application forms and guidance
There are various forms needed to make a planning application depending on the situation. Guidance notes are also available to help you complete an application.
We encourage applicants to submit planning applications online using e Planning Scotland. Alternatively, you can use the Scottish Government's downloadable forms to submit a paper application.
Extra forms and guidance designed for this region are available to download.
(For use with enquiries about proposed developments)
- Householder Pre-Application Form [95kb]
- Non-Householder Pre-Application Form [103kb]
- Major Development Pre-Application Form [90kb]
Miscellaneous guidance and information
- Planning Application - Scale of Fees [30kb]
- Scheme of Delegation to Officers for Planning [80kb]
- Farm Building Conversions - Contaminated Land Checklist [145kb]
- Housing in the Countryside (agricultural or rural business needs) - Practice Note [3Mb]
Planning permission for mineral working
(winning and working of minerals)
Post decision processes
(Notices relating to commencement and completion of development and development for which a notice has to be displayed on site)
- Notice of Initiation of Development [15kb]
- Notice of Completion of Development [15kb]
- Notice of Development in Progress [70kb]
Notice of review to local review body
(Review a decision to refuse or conditions of planning permission or non determination by local review body)